Tottenham Hotspur want Manchester United goalkeeper Dean Henderson this summer, reports ESPN.
Spurs would not hesitate to sign the 26-year-old if the Red Devils sanction a deal.
However, allowing Henderson to join the north London club could give Man United a chance to sign Harry Kane.
The Old Trafford club want the England international striker as bolstering the attack is top of their plans.
However, they are aware that negotiations with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy could be tiring.
ESPN claim the club’s interest in Henderson could encourage Levy to be more open to talks over a deal for Kane.
The 29-year-old could cost suitors over £100 million, but Man United will be paying less if their goalkeeper is involved in the deal.
Henderson is currently on loan with Nottingham Forest but is out injured at the moment.
The England international will return to his parent club after the season ends to discuss his future.
His contract does not expire until 2025, and he also has the option of another year.
Henderson wants to play regularly to boost his chances with the national team.
A move elsewhere permanently this time could be hugely beneficial to both parties.
Spurs want a new goalie with Hugo Lloris entering the final year of his contract.
Henderson has proven himself with Sheffield United and Forest, and Tottenham could do with his quality.
Kane is also about to enter the last 12 months of his deal, and Spurs may be forced to sell.
Using Henderson as a makeweight in the deal would be a smart move on Man United’s part.
Kane is one of the best strikers in the world, as demonstrated by his return of 204 Premier League goals.
Former Borussia Dortmund goalkeeper Roman Burki called him ‘a beast’ after his goal knocked the Bundesliga club out of the Champions League in 2019.
The Red Devils could do with such a striker as they look to challenge for major honours under manager Erik ten Hag.
However, whether Levy will be keen to do business with them remains to be seen.
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’