Manchester United have shortlisted Harry Kane as their primary transfer target but face tough competition from Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich.
According to Florian Plettenberg, Tottenham Hotspur have turned down an offer of close to £60 million plus bonus payments from the Bavarians for Kane.
This came after reports revealed that the England international favours moving to Bayern this summer.
Kane’s current contract expires at the end of next season, but Spurs chairman Daniel Levy remains persistent in retaining his services.
He will demand at least £100m even to consider allowing the 29-year-old to leave the club.
Man Utd should splash £100m on Harry Kane
Kane wants to stay in the Premier League, as he needs just 48 goals more to become the all-time highest goal-scorer.
He scored 30 goals last season and will fancy himself to break Alan Shearer’s prestigious record in another two seasons.
Bayern have made a headstart in Kane’s pursuit, with Thomas Tuchel eager to sign a new forward. They are yet to replace Robert Lewandowski, who joined Barcelona last summer.
£60m offer for an elite striker like Kane is not enough. Spurs would rather keep the player for another season rather than sell him at a discount.
An offer in the range of £100m could force Levy’s hand.
A marquee striker is at the top of Erik ten Hag’s wish list this summer.
Man United are linked with several forwards including Rasmus Hojlund, Randal Kolo Muani and Goncalo Ramos.
However, Kane would be the best option for the Premier League giants.
He is exceptional with his hold-up play and has become more adept at dropping deep to contribute to the build-up phase.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action