This post was written yesterday but for some reason didn’t show up on the blog. Oh well, read it for your own amusement. Match report will follow…
SAF has admitted ahead of today’s game against Spurs that he has a major headache in picking the right combination of players in his central midfield position.
That was a problem I was expecting once Scholes returned from injury. It is a happy headache, no doubt, but the boss will have to summon his greatest powers of man management, while simultaneously making sure he doesn’t go the Rafa “the tinkerer” Benitez way.
Spurs have become a vastly improved side and while we beat them 3-1 in the FA Cup, things could be different this time. One, they are playing at home and two, their defence is bolstered by the arrival of Woodgate and Alan Hutton; the latter will most likely make his debut today. The downside for us is that there could be no Dawson in defence, which will deprive the game of
comedy moments. So we would have to earn our goals.
I would expect Giggs to return with Ronaldo on the other flank. Rooney and Tevez should continue their fearsome partnership and our fab four take up the defensive positions; I am not really sure whether Evra is suspended or his previous 4 cards have been reset.
It is the midfield that we would return to debate although Paul Scholes looks a certain starter. For the other berth I think it would be a toss up between Hargreaves and Anderson. I would prefer Anderson because of his fearlessness, pace and strength in the tackle. He’s also upstaged players like Gerrard and Fabregas.
SAF has talked about the need to go unbeaten from now on with about 14-15 games left this season and for good reason to. This season’s title race is interesting with three teams in the fray, so all the more motivation for the team to do well.
Prediction: 1-0 to United
- Opinion: Glazers’ £17 million Adrien Rabiot transfer disaster-class highlights everything wrong at Manchester United
- Manchester United offered a chance to sign Alvaro Morata
- Manchester United pull out of Marko Arnautovic deal
- Man Utd register interest in Cody Gakpo, player keen on transfer
- Wes Brown impressed by Lisandro Martínez’s Manchester United debut
- Rio Ferdinand urges Man Utd to re-sign Danny Welbeck as back-up striker
- Manchester United now have great chance to sign ‘incredible’ Dan-Axel Zagadou for absolutely nothing
- Man Utd can sign Sergej Milinkovic-Savic for £50m this summer
- Manchester United handed another transfer blow as Benjamin Sesko’s future is decided
- Man Utd identify Guido Rodriguez as alternative to Adrien Rabiot