Manchester United have been strongly linked with a move for Lazio star Sergej Milinkovic-Savic this summer.
The Serbian is understood to be a top target of Jose Mourinho’s as the boss planned to bring in two new central midfielders over the summer.
We have already agreed a deal in principle with Shakhtar Donetsk for Brazilian midfielder Fred and are just waiting for the official announcement.
Milinkovic-Savic has been the other main target according to reports this summer.
The 23-year-old scored 12 goals and recorded three assists in 35 Serie A appearances this past season as Lazio only missed out on Champions League qualification on the final day of the season.
However, our hopes of bringing the Serbian international to Old Trafford this summer may have ended, at least according to former-Juventus general director Luciano Moggi.
Moggi announced live on Italian television station 7 Gold that Juventus have agreed deals for both Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and Valencia right-back Joao Cancelo.
As translated by the Manchester Evening News:
“For Cancelo the situation is this: he wants Juve and Juve wants him.
“The operation will go like that for Milinkovic-Savic. The fee with Lazio is already set, he will also go to Juventus.”
However, recent reports have suggested that we would need to pay a staggering £87.5 million for the central midfielder. One would think that would be astronomical for Juventus, despite winning seven consecutive Serie A titles and progressing deep into the Champions League in recent seasons, including two finals.
We shall have to wait and see if Luciano Moggi is accurate with his claims and where Sergej Milinkovic-Savic ends up this summer.
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-3-1-2) vs Arsenal, Ronaldo and Maguire return
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal