RB Leipzig striker Timo Werner is open to joining Manchester United this month in a bid to finally prove himself in the Premier League, according to the Daily Mirror.
The Bundesliga club are also ready to allow the Germany international to go out on loan as long as he moves to a club where he would start regularly.
The Red Devils want to bolster their attacking ranks before the end of the January transfer window having managed to score just 22 league goals in 20 games this term.
They are keeping tabs on a couple of attacking and striking targets and have made contact to check on the potential cost of landing Werner.
Man United had the 27-year-old on their radar before he moved to Chelsea in 2020, and a loan deal could appeal to them as they look to remain compliant with Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.
Werner spent two years with the Blues, scoring 23 goals in 89 appearances during the two campaigns he spent with them and winning the Champions League in his debut season before returning to Leipzig.
He has scored 18 goals in 54 games since returning for a second spell at the German club, and whether he has exactly what it takes to help Man United in front of goal is debatable.
Werner bagged 95 goals in 159 games during his first spell at the club, earning a £47 million move to Chelsea as a result.
Man United are now looking to take a punt on him with Denmark international striker Rasmus Hojlund failing to prove himself, with just pne league goal to his name in 15 games.
Marcus Rashford is also suffering a dip in form, and while the news of Werner will not excite the fans, such a player with plenty to prove could be motivated to impress if he joined Man United.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow