This will be very short because I am not currently disposed to do a long one right now. So I’ll share some links with you, mumble a few words under my breath and leave the stage to you.
The well respected Andy Brassell, the European expert on BBC’s excellent World Football Phone-in, gives a favourable review of Gabriel Obertan on the official site. He was also on World Soccer Daily yesterday as guest and considered him to be physically suited to the demands of the Premiership. Considering Brassell spent a good part of his life following Ligue 1, I would feel a little encouraged by his assessment.
The man of the moment, Obertan, meanwhile completed possibly the slowest medical and signature in transfer history, as his reported medical took about two days. Allegedly, of course.
Since the fee seems to be in the region of £3m, I think it’s not a bad bit of business.
The Huntelaar stories seem to have gone a bit cold at the moment, although Arnold Muhren gives a ringing endorsement of his compatriot.
The Mirror reports we’re sending Richard Eckersley out on loan to QPR for the rest of the season.
And shockingly, we’re linked today with a move for Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I am wondering how to say the world’s biggest “No!” to that flat track bully.
- Chelsea attacker Christian Pulisic is destined for Man Utd move
- Liverpool join Man Utd in race to sign Cody Gakpo in January
- Man Utd sale could be completed before end of season
- Real Madrid linked with shock move for Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes
- Man Utd star Raphael Varane leads France in dramatic game against Tunisia at the World Cup
- ‘I think he’s turned it around’ – Paul Scholes names Marcus Rashford as stand out player so far at Manchester United
- ‘It’s quite an easy question’ – Former Manchester United midfielder names Casemiro as his ideal partner
- Gary Neville says Marcus Rashford should be a guaranteed starter for England vs Senegal
- Man Utd handed blow with Benfica set to hand new contract to Goncalo Ramos
- Cristiano Ronaldo closing in on January move to Al Nassr