Cristiano Ronaldo, Bruno Fernandes and Luke Shaw have been nominated for the EA Sports FIFA 2022 Team of the Year.
Voting opens today, with 80 of the world’s top players battling to be included in the final line-up.
TOTY was first introduced in FIFA 12, with Iker Casillas, Wayne Rooney, Andres Iniesta and Lionel Messi amongst the players chosen.
Messi is a strong contender this time around, having played an integral role in Argentina’s Copa America success last summer.
The FIFA 22 TOTY will be decided by a fan vote, and it would be a major surprise to see any of Manchester United’s nominated trio make it into the team.
Ronaldo is perhaps best placed to be chosen, although there is plenty of competition amongst the forward ranks.
Fernandes and Shaw are unlikely to be in contention given the drop-off in form they have suffered in recent times.
The Premier League could be well represented in the TOTY, with seven stars from the English top-flight likely to be in the team.
Erling Braut Haaland will be a popular pick, although he may be edged out of the team by Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski.
FIFA 22 TOTY Predictions
- GK: Edouard Mendy (Chelsea, Senegal)
- D: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool, England)
- D: Marquinhos (Paris Saint-Germain, Brazil)
- D: Ruben Dias (Manchester City, Portugal)
- D: Joao Cancelo (Manchester City, Portugal)
- M: N’Golo Kante (Chelsea, France)
- M: Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich, Germany)
- M: Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City, Belgium)
- F: Mohamed Salah (Liverpool, Egypt)
- F: Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich, Poland)
- F: Lionel Messi (Paris Saint-Germain, Argentina)
EA Sports FIFA 2021 Team of the Year voting
The voting channel for fans opens on January 10 (4.00 pm), and you can cast your vote here. Voting closes next Monday.
- Man Utd very close to signing Frenkie de Jong, transfer likely by June 30
- Man Utd can sign Goncalo Inacio with offer close to release clause
- Man Utd need to offer €10m more as fixed fee to sign Frenkie de Jong
- Gary Neville hits out after Man Utd pay out dividends to shareholders
- Cristiano Ronaldo was offered to Bayern Munich by Jorge Mendes
- Man Utd have made an offer for Leeds star Raphinha
- David Ornstein fancies Christian Eriksen to end up at Man Utd
- Man Utd in pole position to sign Matthijs de Ligt
- Man Utd interested in Inter Milan defender Stefan de Vrij
- Man Utd offer €65m plus add-ons for Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong