Erik ten Hag should rest a few of Manchester United’s regular starters when they go head-to-head with Omonia Nicosia tomorrow.
The Red Devils will be hoping to pick up the three points more comfortably than they did in their 3-2 win against the Cypriot side last week.
After going a goal behind, United came back to win courtesy of goals from Marcus Rashford (2) and Anthony Martial.
With fixtures coming thick and fast, the players must get enough rest to recharge themselves. This is where a big squad comes into play.
We look at the three players who have earned the right to be rested tomorrow.
The Portuguese right-back has featured in every game for the Red Devils this season.
Ten Hag prefers attacking full-backs who are technically sound and can move the ball quickly.
Dalot has excelled under the new manager and is one of the first names on the team sheet.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s injury has left the Dutchman with fewer options to rotate on the right side of the defence.
Having said that, playing Dalot almost every minute is unwise. The manager needs to come up with a solution here.
The game against Omonia may be a good opportunity for him to try something new.
Just like Dalot, the 30-year-old has played a vital role under Ten Hag this season.
The Denmark international has been almost ever-present in the centre of the park for United.
He also featured in both games for Denmark in the recent international games.
Eriksen is excelling in a deeper role where he gets time to pick out a pass which can open up defences.
However, he has been doing plenty of running and that will impact his performances if he is not rotated soon.
Fred has been a rare starter under the new boss. He could replace the Dane tomorrow.
The Brazilian is known for his stamina which helps him to cover the length and breadth of the pitch.
His tenacious playing style could come in handy against Omonia who will be eager to cause an upset.
Since his big-money move from Ajax to United, Antony has been occupying the right-wing spot.
Goals against Arsenal, Manchester City and Everton have helped him to acclimatise to the Premier League.
With Newcastle United visiting Old Trafford on Sunday, Ten Hag will want Antony to be fully fit and fresh.
Anthony Elanga was denied a loan move in the summer. He is a fine squad player and playing in the Europa League will help him improve his game.
He should start on the right wing, with Jadon Sancho occupying the opposite flank.
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Rashford and Antony start
- Man Utd planning fresh move for Atletico Madrid star Joao Felix
- Man Utd plan to track Andre Onana and Goncalo Ramos in upcoming Champions League tie
- Erik ten Hag provides a fresh injury update on Christian Eriksen
- Three emerging French midfielders Man Utd could sign this summer
- Manchester United to play nine games in ‘crazy’ April schedule
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash