Manchester United welcome Luton Town at Old Trafford in the Premier League on Saturday.
The Red Devils recently lost 4-3 to FC Copenhagen, leaving them at the bottom of their Champions League group.
Erik ten Hag is aiming for a much-needed win against Luton Town. A poor result could push the Dutchman into deep waters.
Man United played scintillating football in the first 30 minutes against Copenhagen, scoring a couple of goals.
However, a harsh red card to Marcus Rashford turned the game on its head.
Ten Hag must make these three changes to the starting XI against the new Premier League boys.
The manager dropped Varane to the bench, with Harry Maguire and Jonny Evans occupying the centre-back spots.
It was a surprise choice, but his call was vindicated after Varane’s weak display against Copenhagen.
He unforgivably lost his man, which allowed the Danish club to score their first goal. His poor decision-making on the ball helped Copenhagen to net the match-winner.
Varane is a crucial player and a leader for the Man United squad. It is vital for the club that he regains his form.
Evans hobbled off early in the previous game, which could permit Varane to return to the starting XI.
Diogo Dalot has blown hot and cold this campaign. He has played well but has a knack for making poor mistakes at the back.
The full-back was caught napping at the back post for Copenhagen’s third goal.
He similarly failed to track his marker in a 3-0 defeat to Newcastle United in the League Cup.
Sergio Reguilon has shown great intent in his short United career. He has been good on the ball and played a fine supporting role in the attack.
Like Dalot, he is also inconsistent in defending. However, choosing him over the Portugal international would remind the latter that he is not an automatic starter.
The England international has struggled to find his feet since moving to Old Trafford in the summer in a deal worth £60 million.
He has been making positive runs from the number eight spot but has failed to show creativity with the ball.
His poor form has not been overlooked by Gareth Southgate, who did not select the midfielder for the upcoming international games.
Ten Hag can replace McTominay with Mount in the starting XI. On paper, Man United should comprehensively beat Luton at Old Trafford.
Mount is an attacking midfielder by trade and could be allowed to prove his mettle against weaker opposition.
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin