There are fears at Manchester United that new owners could jeopardise the next phase of Erik ten Hag’s rebuild, reports ESPN.
The Glazers have put the club for sale and whoever wins the bidding war may want to make significant changes to the club’s structure.
People at Old Trafford are afraid what happened at Chelsea after Todd Boehly took over could happen at Man United.
The American changed Thomas Tuchel seven games into the season and replaced him with Graham Potter.
Boehly also had different ideas from the German manager and reportedly suggested which formation to play.
Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Sheikh Jassim Bin Hamad Al Thani and Thomas Zilliacus are all looking to complete a full takeover.
Whoever buys Man United may have ideas of how the squad should operate.
They could stick with Ten Hag, but new owners often have advisers with different ideas.
The Dutchman wants new signings recruited before the pre-season tour of the United States in July.
It remains to be seen if new owners would be in place by then.
The Glazers could still opt against selling if nobody meets their £6 billion asking price.
The interested trio submitted revised bids last week, but none of them tabled close to the fee the owners want.
A third round of offers could follow, or a preferred bidder could be named.
The Glazers and the bidders could also reach a compromise, but nothing is guaranteed.
The season ends in May and Ten Hag would love to know what the plan is before then.
A takeover must happen before the summer transfer window goes into full swing, and time is ticking.
- Man Utd in pole position in Kim Min-jae race but PSG could explore deal for him
- ‘Above all’: Man Utd leading race to sign Rasmus Hojlund, need to make ‘big offer’
- Man Utd provide ‘strong competition’ in race to sign AZ Alkmaar forward Jesper Karlsson
- Man Utd boss ten Hag deems Victor Lindelof ‘untouchable’
- PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi playing significant role in Manchester United takeover bid
- Stats show why Kim Min-jae is the perfect signing for Man Utd over Axel Disasi
- Sheikh Jassim will not end interest in Manchester United if Friday deadline passes
- Manchester United finalising proposal to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd linked with Juventus star Federico Chiesa who could be sold for €30-35m
- Manchester United consider loaning out Mason Greenwood next season