Yesterday it came to everyone’s knowledge that 5 players from the United academy were released. A club statement was issued:
Midfielders Michael Barnes, Sean Evans and Ritchie Jones and defenders Kieran Lee and Michael Lea are all free to leave Old Trafford as of 30 June. Academy striker Chris Fagan and fellow scholar Conor McCormack have also been released.
The youth system was discussed in great detail yesterday, so I’ll spare you from another argument on the youth system.
Louis Saha wants to prove his fitness and stay on at United. I’ll give him credit for aiming to prove a point. But other than that his injury record has spoken enough that Fergie’s patience must have run thin by now. So sorry mate, we just can’t take any more chances with you.
And since this is a quiet day and will continue to be so, let me breeze through the rest for the day:
Gary Neville reckons he has a battle on his hands to force Brown off the right back position and reclaim it.
Rio Ferdinand is ‘sure’ that Ronaldo will return to United.
That’s all from me for now — aah, my head doesn’t feel right — a little rest and I’ll be ok. So off you go.
- Fabrizio Romano confirms Dean Henderson is close to Nottingham Forest transfer
- Victor Lindelof set to be offered fresh terms by Man Utd, Erik ten Hag wants to keep him
- Man Utd keeping tabs on Leon Goretzka amid Bayern’s pursuit of Declan Rice
- Man Utd step up interest in signing Atalanta sensation Rasmus Hojlund
- Glazers give green light to pursue deal for Chelsea star Mason Mount
- Man United keeping tabs on Chicago Fire midfielder Brian Gutierrez
- Jack Butland completes Rangers medical as Man United exit all but confirmed
- Kim Min-jae ready to say yes to Man Utd, €7m per year deal proposed
- Man Utd could return for Barcelona star Ansu Fati as Ten Hag eyes another left winger
- Man Utd closely following Sporting defender Goncalo Inacio