Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag was displeased with Jadon Sancho’s involvement in training in the lead-up to the Arsenal clash, according to The Athletic.
The England international is currently suspended by the club following his outburst towards the manager following the 3-1 defeat at the Emirates Stadium last month.
The Athletic have now revealed the real reason why Sancho was dropped against the Gunners.
In the final training session, Sancho was asked to replicate the Gunners’ playing style against the starting XI which Ten Hag had selected. The same was the case for other non-starters.
However, the 23-year-old failed to commit to the drill as expected in Ten Hag’s eyes. The manager had an issue with Sancho’s pressing, but the forward disagreed with the point of view.
Sancho could leave Man Utd in January
The former Borussia Dortmund man has shown no signs of backing down from his dispute with the manager. He has no plans to apologise for his comments after the Arsenal game.
It has recently been reported that there is no way back for him. Ten Hag wants to stamp his authority on the team and he has asked the hierarchy to consider parting ways with Sancho.
In our view, the attacker is unlikely to secure a permanent move this winter with his huge wages and the lack of playing time in recent weeks. A temporary deal seems the ideal solution.
Juventus and Borussia Dortmund are in contention to sign him. Sancho would ideally prefer a reunion with the latter. He was a huge hit in Bundesliga with regular goal contributions.
United may have to contribute portion of his wages as part of the short-term loan.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions