A quick Sunday update, including goal highlights, the latest on Louis Saha, the truth about Red Ranter’s absence and more:
Manchester United thrashed Newcastle United 6-0, with all goals coming in the second half. The two clubs could not be more different – stability vs ridiculously twitchy-fingers, strong foundations vs no base at all, and most poignantly, United are the very model of success that Newcastle aspire to.
Steve BruceAlex McLeish and Birmingham, United are now top of the table with a way-better goal-difference.
Louis Saha is NOT out for the rest of the season, as David Gill confirms. That doesn’t mean that he’ll play for us again this season, it just means that he’s out till…his next ‘slight knock’.
Danny Simpson had a decent run-out last night, hopefully he can keep improving. There’s a reason he was kept back you know, and that’s not because Neville was injured.
A few teams, including Tottenham, have had bids accepted for Lyon’s Fred. Anyone think this 6″1′, 24-year old Brazilian is good enough to play for a team like United?
In other news…Red Ranter has successfully eloped and will be celebrating his impromptu honeymoon at 38,000 feet. He should be back online tomorrow / tonight with an update, but I imagine he’ll be too tired to post 🙂
Here are goal highlights from last night’s game: Manchester United 6-0 Newcastle United goal videos
And finally, here’s a question for you guys: Who will buy Louis Saha?
Off you go then…
- Man Utd really like Juventus star Gleison Bremer, will cost at least €70m
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe finally completes purchase of minority stake in Manchester United
- Man Utd star Casemiro open to Saudi Arabia move, interest remains valid
- Man Utd pressing to sign Gleison Bremer, strongly targeting summer deal
- Chelsea beat Manchester United to the signing of Sam Jewell
- Man United spending power to be limited this summer amid PSR concerns
- Wan-Bissaka out for two to four weeks with fresh injury but Mount close to availability
- Manchester United could rival Liverpool for Crystal Palace centre-back Marc Guehi if Dan Ashworth can be appointed in time
- Manchester United table offer for Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe
- Manchester United won’t pay £20m for Newcastle director Dan Ashworth