Well itâ€™s that time of the year again. And with January comes the transfer market where a lot of big talking goes along but not much actually happens! Anyway, I noticed a lot of talk going on in the past few posts so I decided to make one on that subject. I shall cover all the positions and any places we are weak and also any possible buys, so lets get on with it.
There is a lot of talk going on about strikers but I will start at the other end of the field:
There is no need to talk about Keepers because we have EVDS, PIG and Ben Foster as back up.
We are quite equipped in the centre of our defence with Vidic and Ferdinand, who are solid and probably the best in the Prem at the moment. They hardly ever get injured. Anyway, we have Pique as back up with Brown also able to move inside. On the right we have Neville, Brown and Simpson, however, we are slightly short on the left with Evra and no decent cover in case of injury or suspension. A couple of names have come up, including Gareth Barry, but my choice would definitely have to be Lahm; he is relatively young and would cost us around 8-12 mills.
In the middle of the field I think we are very strong with a lot of competition in there, apart from on the right, where we have the boy Ronaldo! On the left we have Giggs and Nani and, in the centre, SAF is spoilt for choice with OH, Carrick, Anderson and Scholes. Oh yeah, there is Fletcher as well. So I see no need for any improvement in that area of the field.
There has been a lot of talk here. Tevez and Rooney are our only decent strikers with Saha not impressing and Dong not United quality. Many, manynames have come up — Anelka and Berba more that any other. Names like Huntelaar and Agbonlahor have also cropped up. Although I am a big admirer of Agbonlahor and Huntelaar, I doubt we will be making any moves for these two. Anelka and Berba are more likely with both wanting moves away and United admitting an interest in both. However, Chelsea have also shown an interest in both; something which they always seem to do when United are also interested. Anelka has said that talks have been held with Chelsea.
So they might snap him up before we have a chance, Anelka is a good player but has an attitude problem and I wouldnâ€™t like him in the team, I doubt he would like bench warming for long either. I would prefer Berba as he is big, strong, agile and (most importantly) good in the air. He wouldnâ€™t come cheap but United have the money. I think he would work well with Rooney and would battle for a place with Tevez therefore rising making them rise their game.
So who would you guys recommend?
- Man Utd sale could be completed before end of season
- Real Madrid linked with shock move for Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes
- Man Utd star Raphael Varane leads France in dramatic game against Tunisia at the World Cup
- ‘I think he’s turned it around’ – Paul Scholes names Marcus Rashford as stand out player so far at Manchester United
- ‘It’s quite an easy question’ – Former Manchester United midfielder names Casemiro as his ideal partner
- Gary Neville says Marcus Rashford should be a guaranteed starter for England vs Senegal
- Man Utd handed blow with Benfica set to hand new contract to Goncalo Ramos
- Cristiano Ronaldo closing in on January move to Al Nassr
- Manchester United’s December 2022 Preview: Schedule & Predictions
- Man Utd need to pay €50m up front to sign Cody Gakpo – Fabrizio Romano