Joel and Avram Glazer want to secure investment which will see them remain as Manchester United owners, reports ESPN.
They are confident of getting the deal done as it could also see the value of the club double over the next decade.
The Glazers put the Red Devils up for sale last November, and Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad al Thani emerged as the favourite to complete a takeover.
The Qatari faces competition from Sir Jim Ratcliffe but there are other groups keen on acquiring minority stakes.
The Carlyle Group, Elliot Investment Management, Ares Management Corporation and Sixth Street Partners have registered interest in doing so.
Kevin, Bryan and Edward Glazer and Darcie Glazer Kassewitz want to offload their stakes in the club.
However, co-chairmen Joel and Avram want new investment, which will enable them to remain in charge.
They believe Man United could be worth £10 billion in the coming years due to the anticipated organic growth.
The arrival of minority shareholders would help provide the funding needed to oversee major changes.
The Red Devils need to recruit more top players to boost their chances of challenging for major silverware.
The Carrington training ground and the Old Trafford stadium also need major upgrades.
Financing from minority shareholders would get that done, and Joel and Avram appear ready to choose the option.
It would leave the likes of Sheikh Jassim, Ratcliffe and the fans disappointed.
Man United owners have asked for a fresh round of bids from prospective buyers.
Two rounds of bids have already been received.
However, none of the interested parties met the Glazers’ £6bn asking price.
- Man Utd handed big boost as Juventus lower price tag for Dusan Vlahovic
- Man Utd in pole position in Kim Min-jae race but PSG could explore deal for him
- ‘Above all’: Man Utd leading race to sign Rasmus Hojlund, need to make ‘big offer’
- Man Utd provide ‘strong competition’ in race to sign AZ Alkmaar forward Jesper Karlsson
- Man Utd boss ten Hag deems Victor Lindelof ‘untouchable’
- PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi playing significant role in Manchester United takeover bid
- Stats show why Kim Min-jae is the perfect signing for Man Utd over Axel Disasi
- Sheikh Jassim will not end interest in Manchester United if Friday deadline passes
- Manchester United finalising proposal to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd linked with Juventus star Federico Chiesa who could be sold for €30-35m