The Glazer family may delay the sale of Manchester United until after the end of the season.
ESPN reports the Glazers are still trying to agree on their future with United as Joel and Avram are reluctant to give up their stake.
The Glazer family announced last November they were open to selling Man United, but little progress has been made since then.
Two bidders – Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani and Sir Jim Ratcliffe – have submitted offers to take over the football club.
Sheikh Jassim, a Qatari royal and businessman, intends to acquire 100 percent of the club.
Ratcliffe, a British billionaire, is seeking a controlling stake in the club which would allow the Glazers to remain as minority shareholders.
American firms Carlyle Group and Elliott Investment Management have made offers to gain a partial stake in the club. This would help the Glazers to remain the primary owners of the club.
Delay in the sale of Man Utd will enrage supporters
The Man United takeover has stretched people’s patience. The season will conclude in the next fortnight and the transfer window kick-off is fast approaching.
Erik ten Hag has created a positive atmosphere on the pitch with results and an attractive style of play. However, any more delays in the sale of the club will infuriate the supporters.
The United fans are desperate to see the back of the Glazers. They want the sale process concluded so the new owners can discuss transfer plans for the upcoming transfer window.
The Glazers know that Man United are on the brink of securing Champions League football for next season.
The American owners may be hanging on until United confirm their spot so they can factor in the possible revenues in the sale of the club.
This is just another example of how money-minded the Glazers are and that they do not care about the fans.
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’