Inter Milan head coach Simone Inzaghi has opened up on the possibility of losing Andre Onana to Manchester United.
Inzaghi revealed that Onana has been called up for the pre-season camp from Thursday, but left the door open for his exit.
He said (via The Athletic): “He’s an Inter player. Tomorrow (Thursday), he’ll be among the players called up for pre-season.
“We know the transfer window is unpredictable and that all Italian clubs have to sell before they can buy.
“We know there’s this risk (he goes) but at the same time, I’m calm about it all because the club and the owners have reassured me that this year we’ll have a competitive Inter.”
Man United are looking to find a replacement for David de Gea, who recently announced his departure from Old Trafford.
The Red Devils have already agreed personal terms with Onana and are looking to accelerate talks with the Italian club.
They have tabled two bids for the goalkeeper, the latest one worth €50 million with add-ons. However, Inter are sticking to their €60m price tag.
Man United must seal Andre Onana’s transfer soon
Onana enjoyed a superb debut campaign at the San Siro. He helped his side keep 19 clean sheets in 41 appearances and guided them to the Champions League final.
A transfer deal worth €50-60m is not too high considering today’s inflated market.
With De Gea leaving United after 12 years, the Red Devils must have the right player between the sticks.
Erik ten Hag has worked previously with Onana at Ajax and achieved great success.
The 27-year-old is currently one of the best ball-playing shot-stoppers in the world. He would quickly adapt to Ten Hag’s style of play.
The Red Devils kicked off their pre-season with a 2-0 win over Leeds United. Tom Heaton started in goal as he is the only senior shot-stopper in the squad.
Onana would be a massive signing as he could help United play possession-based and dominating football.
United must seal the deal quickly to avoid any last-minute hiccups.
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions