The Red Devils suffered an embarrassing 3-1 defeat to the high-flying Seagulls at Old Trafford, abruptly ending their 31-match unbeaten streak on home turf.
Goals from Danny Welbeck, Pascal Gross and Joao Pedro ensured Brighton departed the Theatre of Dreams with maximum points, extending their unbeaten run against the Red Devils to five games.
Rumours flooded the timeline following the humiliating defeat, claiming four Man United stars were involved in a performance-related locker room disagreement.
Man United skipper Bruno Fernandes, famous for his outspoken personality, was among those mentioned alongside Scott McTominay and centre-back partners Lisandro Martinez and Victor Lindelof.
Fernandes reportedly confronted McTominay, whose performance was not up to the standard required from a Man United player, while Martinez and Lindelof also got into a heated argument with each other.
However, Ten Hag has moved to shut down those rumours, with the Dutch manager vowing to turn the club’s results around following their abysmal start to the season.
The Red Devils are languishing in the bottom half of the table in 13th place after losing three of their opening five games of the 2023/24 season.
Injuries and suspensions have plagued Ten Hag’s side, forcing the Dutchman to work with a significantly thinner squad despite spending a fortune to reinforce the team during the summer window.
While the manager’s actions were lauded by the Man United players, sources from the club have also dismissed the circulating speculation, with the camp seemingly determined to get their season back on track.
They will get their chance to produce a response in tomorrow’s Champions League Group A curtain-raiser against Bundesliga title holders Bayern Munich.
Getting the better of the German heavyweights will undoubtedly be tricky, but Ten Hag’s side must produce a performance that rouses the supporters with the club currently in disarray.
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd