Manchester United winger Tahith Chong is set to join Birmingham City on loan this summer, according to The Telegraph.
The Dutch footballer spent the first part of the 2020-21 season on loan at Werder Bremen before joining Belgian side Club Brugge for the remainder of the campaign.
The talented winger returned to pre-season at Carrington this week along with his teammates Mason Greenwood and Brandon Williams.
However, the 21-year-old is now set to leave Old Trafford for another loan spell.
Chong signed a new deal with United in March 2020 that will keep him at the club until 2022, with the Red Devils also having the option to extend for a further year.
He joined United in April 2016 but has made 16 appearances for the senior side, with two assists to his name.
The 21-year-old’s last appearance for United came in the second leg of the Europa League tie against LASK Linz in August 2020.
Chong is a hugely talented player but his performances have not warranted him being handed opportunities in United’s first team.
He failed to shine at Bremen and was sparsely used as a substitute.
The winger’s subsequent spell at Club Brugge was a little more successful as he contributed a goal and four assists in nine appearances for the Belgian side.
The young footballer will have a brilliant opportunity to prove his abilities if he plays for Birmingham City in the Championship next season.
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-3-1-2) vs Arsenal, Ronaldo and Maguire return
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal