Manchester United have been strongly linked with signing Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal this month.
The Chilean superstar had been in good form for the Gunners recently despite the strong suggestions he will be leaving the Emirates in the coming weeks.
Now it appears a move away from Arsenal is imminent as he has been left at home whilst his team are in action at Bournemouth today.
Although Arsene Wenger couldn’t confirm whether the player was staying or going this month he was able to give an update just before kickoff today.
The Gunners boss is quoted by the BBC as saying:
“He’s being vague at the moment. The situation is not completely decided one way or the other, so I left him at home.
“Don’t read too much in it because even I don’t know which way it will go.”
The latest rumours are that Manchester City are not prepared to match Arsenal’s £35 million asking price which has opened a door for us to sign the 29-year-old this month. Others suggest that we can land the player this month.
Knowing that we would not be willing to compete with Manchester City’s wage offers we have a chance to go in with a bid and even add Henrikh Mkhitaryan as part of the deal to bring the Chilean to Old Trafford.
However, it is believed that the player would prefer to reunite with Pep Guardiola at the Etihad. That could mean Arsenal are stuck with the player until the end of the season before losing him on a free transfer to their Premier League rivals, unless they can bring their asking price down, or unless the player is willing to sign for Manchester United or another team this month.
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday