Manchester United will send Joe Hugill out on loan for the 2023-24 season, according to The Sun.
The 19-year-old joined the Red Devils in June 2020 when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was manager.
He impressed with his performances for the reserve team in his debut campaign, scoring 10 goals in 18 Premier League 2 appearances.
His best display came against Liverpool U23 when he netted four goals to help United win 6-3.
The centre-forward was called up to train with the first team for pre-season last summer. He also played in friendly games against Derby County and Queens Park Rangers.
Hugill is currently on loan at National League side Altrincham while still continuing to play for United’s reserve team.
United will reportedly send him on loan next season to further his development. That has put Sunderland on alert as they are keen to secure his services for next season.
He was part of the Black Cats’ academy for a brief spell before he joined United in 2020.
Sending Hugill on a Championship loan would be a good decision
Sunderland gained promotion to the Championship via the play-offs last season. They are currently 12th in the standings, eight points off the top six.
Hugill has plenty of potential but needs to gain more first-team experience. He would likely see plenty of game time with Sunderland.
The Red Devils sent Amad Diallo to the Black Cats on loan for the 2022-23 season. The move has worked really well, with the Ivory Coast international netting eight goals and two assists in 28 Championship appearances.
- Man Utd planning fresh move for Atletico Madrid star Joao Felix
- Man Utd plan to track Andre Onana and Goncalo Ramos in upcoming Champions League tie
- Erik ten Hag provides a fresh injury update on Christian Eriksen
- Three emerging French midfielders Man Utd could sign this summer
- Manchester United to play nine games in ‘crazy’ April schedule
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract