A very good morning to you all. Enjoy the Sunday while you can.
Let’s get down to today’s (and some of yesterday’s) stories quickly.
1. Manchester United seem to be closing in on another Brazilian youngster who goes by the name of Rodrigo Possebon. This will be the fourth Brazilian signing in recent times following Anderson and the twins – Rafael and Fabio, who were signed last summer. They are expected to sign him for Â£250,000. United have really been bullish this season as far as acquisitions go, and their strategy is clearly aimed at the long term. If the Tevez deal goes through, I’d expect them to not make any more dealings next summer. Although now, I’d greatly expect some squad trimming.
2. Carlos Tevez has said that he wouldn’t go back on his word to SAF, and he will join Manchester United. It appears that a deal will take place, and his move to United is inevitable, although it would be difficult to place a time as to when the move will actually take place. My fingers are still crossed on this one as, given the complications, all it needs is one stupid clause somewhere (or concocted by some scheming lawyer) to blow off the deal entirely. Hope springs eternal.
3. Owen Hargreaves says that he will adapt to the pace of the English game, and the torrid time he faced, prior to the last World Cup amidst fans boos, has made him a stronger man. Hopefully he does well and, more importantly, the media understand that he is not expected to set the field on fire (as he is a defensive midfielder) from the word go. I expect his quiet “water carrier” role to invite criticism even from the pundits, like Carrick faced early on last season. They will be proven wrong over time, and I expect that to happen soon enough.
4. And after a brief lull, and in light of the Tevez link, Parma have decided to open their mouth about their bid for Rossi. I honestly believe he wouldn’t be moved on to another club without being given a fair chance at OT. But again, I felt the same about David Jones. Stranger things have happened. Although I would be gutted to see Rossi leave.
And that’s about it for the day. There is more, if you are interested in NOTW’s report that Tevez was evicted from his London apartment to make way for West Ham’s new signing Julien Faubert. And in a ‘sensational’ report/exclusive on the NOTW (again) it has been revealed that Gemma Atkinson saw Alan Smith while she was dating Ronaldo. Erm… I believe, if I remember right, towards the end of the article she says she did nothing of that sort.
Fascinating story innit?
- West Ham and Everton enter race to sign Man Utd target Jhon Duran
- Saudi Arabian giants make $225m offer to sign Cristiano Ronaldo
- Man Utd have to pay €60m to sign Inter Milan star Denzel Dumfries
- It’s Man Utd’s Varane vs Eriksen as France take on Denmark in an enthralling World Cup clash
- Erik ten Hag wants Man Utd to sign Cody Gakpo in January, Rafael Leao is the alternative
- Man Utd great candidates to sign Atletico Madrid star Joao Felix in January
- Harry Maguire impresses for England in World Cup stalemate against USA
- Man Utd have Jonathan David on their radar, Lille would sell him for €50m
- Four Irish Players United Could Sign Next
- Man Utd ready to step up chase for €60m-rated Cody Gakpo