Denmark striker Rasmus Hojlund has signed a long-term contract with Manchester United.
Fabrizio Romano reports that Hojlund has agreed a five-year deal with the option of an additional year.
He added that United will unveil the 20-year-old at Old Trafford on Saturday before their friendly game against Lens.
The Red Devils have spent €75 million plus €10m in performance-related add-ons to sign the striker.
Harry Kane was touted to be Erik ten Hag’s ideal choice to lead the attack, but United were priced out of that deal.
Manchester Evening News reported earlier today that Hojlund has completed his United medical, and the club is finalising his visa and registration.
United believe Hojlund has great potential and could become a superstar in the future.
The young centre-forward only joined Atalanta last summer, bagging eight goals and two assists in 31 Serie A games.
Ten Hag has craved a goalscorer all summer. If not for Marcus Rashford, United would have struggled massively in front of goal last season.
Rashford lifted the goalscoring burden, whereas the number-nine Anthony Martial found himself more on the sidelines than on the pitch due to various injuries.
It was important for the gaffer to have a new centre-forward in the squad who could lead the line.
Hojlund is known for making darting runs into the box. His clever off-the-ball movement and blistering pace help create space between him and the defender.
The 20-year-old will make a few mistakes, and United fans must be patient with him.
An attacking trio of Rashford, Hojlund and Antony looks highly promising. If Ten Hag can find a way to link them up, United’s attacking woes will become a thing of the past.
- 3 goals in last 4 meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return