Manchester United have impressed in the Premier League this season and they are currently second in the standings, 10 points behind runaway leaders Manchester City.
While a title challenge seems unlikely, they are in a good position to finish in the Champions League places with a six-point advantage over fifth-placed Chelsea.
Bruno Fernandes and Marcus Rashford have been the standout performers for United and a statistic published from The Athletic reveals that the duo have provided more than just goals and assists.
Considering the non-penalty goals in the league, Fernandes has been involved in 24 scoring contributions. He has scored eight times alongside 10 assists while playing in the build-up of six more goals.
The Portuguese is topping the list ahead of Tottenham Hotspur’s Heung-min Son and Rashford, who have made 23 contributions each. Rashford has 13 goals and six assists while influencing in the build-up on four occasions.
Through the above list, it is quite clear there has been an overdependence on the pair.
Defensive duo Harry Maguire and Aaron Wan-Bissaka have been the next best with 14 contributions apiece, the majority of which have come through a pass, interception or tackle in the lead-up to goals.
- Crystal Palace in direct talks with Man Utd for Donny van de Beek
- Roma join AC Milan in race to sign Eric Bailly
- Man Utd agree to loan Anthony Martial to Sevilla
- Man Utd favourites to sign Boubacar Kamara
- AC Milan still interested in Man Utd defender Eric Bailly
- Man Utd keeping tabs on Porto winger Luis Diaz
- Man Utd shortlist four candidates to become their next manager
- Juventus and Sevilla exploring Anthony Martial loan deal
- Anthony Martial plays key role in Man Utd’s late win vs West Ham
- Ralf Rangnick reacts to Marcus Rashford’s dramatic winner against West Ham