Real Madrid forward Lucas Vazquez has announced to his teammates that he will be joining Manchester United this summer, according to reports in Spain.
This comes somewhat out of the blue as the 26-year-old has not been strongly linked with a move to us recently.
However, Spanish outlet Dario Gol are the ones making the claim that Vazquez made the announcement in the Real Madrid dressing room over the weekend.
The report claims that the Spanish international simply told his Real Madrid teammates:
“I’m going to United.”
Diario Gol goes on to report that Jose Mourinho is a big fan of the forward and that the boss would be able to promise him regular first-team football at Manchester United.
Lucas Vazquez has failed to hold down a regular place in Zinedine Zidane’s first team in the Spanish capital, making only 16 La Liga starts this past season and a further five in the Champions League.
The former-Real Madrid youth product has spent his entire career with the Spanish giants to date and works hard in both attack and defence. It is well known that Jose is not a huge fan of Juan Mata down the right wing due to his lack of defensive contribution so the boss clearly feels Lucas Vazquez would be an upgrade here.
Jose Mourinho has tested a number of players on the right wing for us this season – Mata, Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford the most predominant, so it wouldn’t be out of the question that we make a new signing here before the start of next season.
Vazquez is still under contract until 2021 at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium and no potential transfer fee has been mentioned in the report from Spain. He is a nippy forward who predominately plays down the right and has an eye for goal.
- Preview: Burnley vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Burnley boss Vincent Kompany lauds ‘extremely capable’ Erik ten Hag ahead of Man Utd clash
- Kie Plumley announces he has joined Manchester United
- Erik ten Hag should start Alejandro Garnacho vs Burnley after lively cameo
- Man Utd midfielder Christian Eriksen delivers frustrating display vs Bayern
- Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana owns up to his catastrophic error against Bayern Munich
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Manchester United: Player ratings as Andre Onana and Christian Eriksen disappoint massively
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bayern Munich, Pellistri starts
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Sheikh Jassim reluctant to raise their bids for Manchester United following their poor start to 2023-24
- ‘Would have signed anything’: Brazilian midfielder reveals chat with Sir Alex Ferguson convinced him to join Man Utd