… whilst I write the report for the Burnley game.
1. The Republik of Mancunia interviewed Rob Smyth. Smyth, of course, is a freelancer who also writes for the Guardian. He’s a United fan, and regular readers will recall our interview with him last year (you can read that here.) I like Smyth’s willingness to speak his mind on issues concerning United and football in general.
2. United Rant takes a look at the Vidic rumours that are doing the rounds and wonders what the future holds for our defence.
3. The Guardian‘s Sportblog asks about the Premiership action: “What have we learned from the Premier League’s tales of the unexpected?” I have two answers for that
- Upsets can happen. Shock. Horror.
- Hacks will open up drafts of published articles from last week, do a ‘find’ for ‘Rafa Benitez’, replace it with ‘Alex Ferguson’ and then hit publish.
4. Lawrence Donegan, of the Guardian again, looks at the Glazer influence on this summer.
Match report will follow later in the night/day, depending on where you are.
- Erik ten Hag to make Antony request amid Cristiano Ronaldo exit talk
- Cristiano Ronaldo has asked to leave Man Utd this summer
- Man Utd make opening offer for Lisandro Martinez, very close to Ajax price tag
- Manchester United Transfers Latest: De Jong, Martinez and everyone else
- Chelsea keeping tabs on Man Utd’s pursuit of Frenkie de Jong
- Manchester United agree personal terms with Feyenoord’s Tyrell Malacia
- Fulham want Eric Bailly on loan
- Man Utd make two-year contract offer to Christian Eriksen
- Man United expected to sign Tyrell Malacia despite the Dutchman’s representation issues
- Erik ten Hag intensively involved in United training, sets deadline for transfers – Sky Sports reporter