… whilst I write the report for the Burnley game.
1. The Republik of Mancunia interviewed Rob Smyth. Smyth, of course, is a freelancer who also writes for the Guardian. He’s a United fan, and regular readers will recall our interview with him last year (you can read that here.) I like Smyth’s willingness to speak his mind on issues concerning United and football in general.
2. United Rant takes a look at the Vidic rumours that are doing the rounds and wonders what the future holds for our defence.
3. The Guardian‘s Sportblog asks about the Premiership action: “What have we learned from the Premier League’s tales of the unexpected?” I have two answers for that
- Upsets can happen. Shock. Horror.
- Hacks will open up drafts of published articles from last week, do a ‘find’ for ‘Rafa Benitez’, replace it with ‘Alex Ferguson’ and then hit publish.
4. Lawrence Donegan, of the Guardian again, looks at the Glazer influence on this summer.
Match report will follow later in the night/day, depending on where you are.
- Man Utd very interested in signing Brighton prodigy Moises Caicedo
- Joel Glazer firmly against the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo
- Manchester United offered the chance to sign Antoine Griezmann
- Man Utd weigh up stunning deal for Casemiro
- Man Utd still considering move for Moussa Dembele
- talkSPORT and Fabrizio Romano claim Manchester United are closing in on £42m deal for Matheus Cunha
- Hakim Ziyech remains a priority for Man Utd boss Erik ten Hag
- Erik ten Hag makes direct request to Manchester United board to sign ‘scintillating’ Ajax attacker Antony
- Man Utd ready to battle Chelsea for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Man Utd to accelerate Wan-Bissaka’s exit to sign Sergino Dest