Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has revealed that Harry Maguire was not able to travel to Munich due to an injury sustained in today’s training session.
The centre-back has been a fringe player for the Red Devils this season, and he has made just one appearance off the bench in the Premier League so far.
Maguire was left out of the 21-man travelling squad earlier today, and Ten Hag has said that he had ‘some complaints’ and will need to be assessed by the club.
He told Manutd.com: “He [Maguire] had some complaints and we have to see how bad it is. He finished the training but he was not able to travel.”
United’s injury woes continue
The Red Devils have been hampered by injuries from the beginning of pre-season. Kobbie Mainoo and Amad Diallo were both sidelined during the United States tour.
Mainoo has today returned to light training and could make his comeback soon. Similarly, Mason Mount, Raphael Varane and Sofyan Amrabat could be involved in the near future.
Despite the positives, United have some serious concerns with Aaron Wan-Bissaka (hamstring), Luke Shaw (muscle) and Tyrell Malacia (knee) out for another two months.
Wan-Bissaka and Shaw are the club’s main full-back options and their absence is a big blow. Hopefully, Maguire has only picked up a minor injury and will be available soon.
The former captain is no longer an assured starter, but his services could be required when the manager decides to rotate or looks to close out games with more defensive cover.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday