Manchester United need to respond with an appropriate offer for Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat after Fulham joined the race for his signature, Corriere dello Sport claim (page 18).
The Morocco international has been linked with the Red Devils since the end of June, but they have yet to make a suitable bid on the table. They recently proposed a €2 million loan deal which was rejected.
It is now reported that Fulham have met the €30m asking price to sign the 27-year-old, but the midfielder has not given the green light as he continues to wait for a fresh approach from United.
United now have to respond with an appropriate offer for the defensive midfielder. They may need to either match Fulham’s bid or propose a loan deal with an obligation to buy next summer.
Man Utd must make better proposal for Amrabat
Nottingham Forest recently proposed to sign Amrabat for €17m plus add-ons, but the midfielder rejected them. Fulham have now entered the race as they look to replace Joao Palhinha.
The Red Devils are still in pole position to sign the Utrecht graduate, but they must make a significantly improved offer to convince Fiorentina into selling the midfielder to them.
The Serie A outfit have been reluctant to sell Amrabat for less than €30m throughout the summer, and they have not ruled out the prospect of keeping him for the current season.
Earlier in January, Amrabat skipped a training session after a late loan approach from Barcelona, but Fiorentina made it clear that he was not leaving before the transfer deadline.
The onus is currently on United to meet the demands of Fiorentina. We won’t be surprised if Scott McTominay is sold in order to recoup funds for the purchase of Amrabat.
Amrabat, who was described as a ‘world-class‘ player by Morocco head coach Walid Regragui last year, could replace McTominay. The Scot could join another Premier League club, possibly Fulham.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns