Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat is waiting for a move to Manchester United after agreeing personal terms, according to Italian journalist Alfredo Pedulla.
The Red Devils recently completed their third signing of the summer transfer window. Rasmus Hojlund joined the club from Atalanta for an initial fee of €75 milllion.
The club are likely to make more signings before the transfer deadline, but it could be dependent on how much they can recoup from player sales in the coming weeks.
Speaking to Passione Fiorentina on Twitch, Pedulla has now said that United are currently finalising a ‘couple of sales’ before they can advance with a bid for Amrabat.
The journalist added that Amrabat is a ‘priority’ for manager Erik ten Hag. The midfielder is currently ‘waiting for the Red Devils’ and ‘has an agreement on the wages’.
The Morocco international could be prised away from Fiorentina for ‘€30-35m’.
Amrabat could join United after midfield exits
United are ‘expected‘ to part ways with Fred before the end of the week while talks are also ongoing over the potential sales of Donny van de Beek and Scott McTominay.
Hence, the club should be optimistic of securing transfer funds in the near future such that they can invest on Amrabat. The Moroccan would be a terrific signing.
He is currently in the prime of his career. Last season, he completed 90 per cent of his passes in the Italian top-flight. He lost possession on just 7.2 occasions per game.
His statistics are vastly superior to Casemiro, who had a passing accuracy of only 79 per cent in the Premier League last term. He was dispossessed 13 times per outing.
Casemiro is unlikely to be displaced from the number six role at the start of the campaign, but Amrabat’s arrival would provide strong competition to the Brazil international.
Should Casemiro go through a tough spell, there is a good chance that Amrabat could start over him. The duo could also play together if Ten Hag wants more defensive assurance.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action