Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat delivered an impressive performance for Morocco in their convincing 3-0 victory over Tanzania in the African Cup of Nations.
The World Cup semi-finalists started their AFCON campaign against the East African outfit. They registered a comfortable win after goals from Roman Saiss, Azzedine Ounahi and Youssef En-Nesyri.
Amrabat was also brilliant for The Atlas Lions in the centre of the park. The 27-year-old registered 60 passes at the Stade de San Pedro with an accuracy of 95 per cent.
The on-loan Fiorentina star also completed 100 per cent of his long balls (6/6) while winning five duels and three tackles. Amrabat was dispossessed on just three occasions.
Amrabat yet to replicate Morocco displays at Man Utd
Amrabat made a huge impression at the last World Cup. He was brilliant with his tireless work rate and won the majority of his challenges.
Him and Ounahi starred in the heart of the midfield as Morocco became the first African country to reach the final four of the World Cup.
Amrabat went on to impress for Fiorentina who reached the finals of the Coppa Italia and Conference League where they were runners-up.
After his loan move to United last summer, many fans anticipated that he would be a serious competitor to Casemiro for the number six role.
However, the €28 million-rated ace has yet to adapt to the intensity of the Premier League and he has been a regular on the bench in recent months.
With the emergence of Kobbie Mainoo, it appears unlikely that Amrabat will be signed permanently when his loan contract concludes in June.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow