Manchester United target Sofyan Amrabat delivered an impressive performance for Fiorentina during their 2-1 defeat to West Ham United in the Europa Conference League final yesterday.
The Morocco international has been in fantastic form for club and country over the past year, and it has been reported that United are ‘serious‘ over a summer move for him.
The midfielder will enter the final year of his contract next month, and he could be available on a cut-price deal with the Serie A outfit eager to secure a capital gain out of him.
In our view, United should swoop for his services. He could be the perfect competitor to Casemiro.
Against the Hammers, the 26-year-old showed his class once again. He won the midfield battle against Declan Rice, completing 69 out of his 76 passes with seven long balls.
One of his long balls contributed towards Fiorentina’s equaliser. Amrabat also won a stunning nine duels and four tackles. He was unfortunate to be on the losing side in the end.
United currently have Scott McTominay as the immediate back-up to Casemiro, but the 26-year-old is not known for controlling possession. He has a pass accuracy of 84 per cent.
Amrabat would be a good upgrade on the Scot ahead of next season. The United graduate should be sold this summer and the funds recouped should be utilised to sign Amrabat.
The €25 million-rated star would provide strong competition to Casemiro for a starting berth. His arrival could see Erik ten Hag consider regular rotation in the number six role.
United need to be quick in their pursuit of Amrabat with Barcelona also monitoring his situation.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling