Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat is set to bid farewell to the Serie A outfit ahead of his move to Manchester United on an initial loan deal, according to Firenze Viola.
The 27-year-old has been determined to join the Red Devils over the past couple of months, and the club are now pushing to land his signature before the transfer window closes tonight.
Representatives from United have already flown to Florence to finalise an agreement, and it is claimed that La Viola are prepared to part ways with Amrabat with a replacement found.
Maxime Lopez is set to join from Sassuolo as his successor. Amrabat was spotted at Viola Park earlier today, and it is only a matter of time before he travels to Manchester.
No details have been provided over the financial package, but Firenze Viola claim that the Utrecht graduate will join United on loan with a right to purchase. A deal is close.
United closing in on Amrabat deal
The club have been yearning for a top-class defensive midfielder who could play alongside Casemiro.
Amrabat would be a perfect fit for the Red Devils. He has superb distribution skills and concentration from the centre of the park. He also has the ability to make tactical fouls.
On top of this, the Morocco international has a tireless workrate and can hold-up play when required with his good physique. He is a no-brainer signing for United, in our opinion.
Fiorentina have been holding out for €30 million to sell their prized asset, but are now prepared to accept a temporary deal with a buy option at the end of the current campaign.
Earlier today, it was reported that the Serie A outfit have asked for €10m as a loan fee which is a substantial figure. We should know more about the package in the next few hours.
Update: Amrabat is currently undergoing his medical at the San Rossore clinic in Pisa.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin