Moroccan star Sofyan Amrabat produced his best performance in a Manchester United shirt during the 2-1 win over Chelsea in the Premier League last night.
The 27-year-old has endured a tough start to his career with the Red Devils. He has found himself in-and-out of the starting line-up under manager Erik ten Hag.
He was picked ahead of Kobbie Mainoo in the defensive midfield role yesterday and left his mark with a dominant display against Enzo Fernandez, Moises Caicedo and Cole Palmer.
Amrabat played like his old self at Fiorentina and controlled the proceedings in the centre of the park. He had 62 touches with a passing accuracy of 92 per cent.
In the defensive point of view, he won six duels and four tackles, winning 100% of his dribbles (2/2). The midfielder also made 11 ball recoveries during the game.
Amrabat made one error leading to a shot on goal, but he grew in confidence as the game went on and was terrific during the second half of the encounter.
It was not the perfect outing for the €30 million-rated star but he looked confident with the ball at his feet and should now fancy a regular run in the starting XI.
The Red Devils welcome Bournemouth in the Premier League this weekend and they must secure another victory to pick up momentum for the key matches ahead.
United face a must-win outing against Bayern Munich in the Champions League thereafter. Their chances of making the round of 16 also depends on Copenhagen and Galatasaray sharing the spoils.
This will be followed by a Merseyside league trip to face arch-rivals Liverpool. Erik ten Hag’s side will want to avenge the 7-0 rout at Anfield earlier in the year.
Stats from Sofascore.com & Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts
- ‘He’s unstoppable’: Erik ten Hag defends Man Utd winger Antony