Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat has now reached an agreement in principle with Manchester United over his weekly wages, according to Alfredo Pedulla.
The Morocco international recently rejoined the Serie A outfit for pre-season training, but he is eager to pursue a bigger challenge away from the club this summer.
United are showing ‘serious interest‘ in signing him, and Pedulla reports that the club ‘have pulled away from the competition’ by agreeing personal terms.
The midfielder will receive a base salary between €77,000 and €86,000-a-week plus bonuses.
Fiorentina value Amrabat in the region of €30 million. The Red Devils are fancied to pay €23-25m as a base fee with the remaining in the form of add-ons.
United likely to move for Amrabat after midfield exits
The club are in the process of offloading Fred. He has been deemed surplus to requirements and could head for the exit door. He is currently valued at €12m.
Aside from the Brazilian, Donny van de Beek could also leave the club. He scored the winner against Lyon with a lovely volley, but was an unused substitute versus Arsenal.
The Dutchman has acknowledged that his future could be away from United. With the midfielder now fit after his knee injury, he could receive permanent offers to move on.
The departure of the duo should provide United with adequate funds to proceed with the purchase of Amrabat, who is enjoying the best phase of his career.
The Moroccan has been exceptional for club and country in the number six role. Last season, he completed 90 per cent of his passes in the Italian Serie A.
He won 1.3 tackles and 3.1 duels per game, losing possession on just 7.2 occasions on average.
His strong distribution and ball control from the centre of the park should provide strong competition to Casemiro, who has made the defensive midfield position his own.
If Amrabat were to join the club, questions could be raised over the future of Scott McTominay. The Scot may not want to become the third-choice holding midfielder.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling