Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat secured the man of the match award during Morocco’s 1-0 win over Zambia in the African Cup of Nations.
The 27-year-old has been in fine form for his country at the tournament and he delivered another quality performance from the number six position.
Amrabat dominated the proceedings with a passing accuracy of 96 per cent. He completed 100 per cent of his long balls and take-ons, winning three tackles (100%).
The midfielder lost possession on just three occasions over 90 minutes. There were no surprises that he was adjudged the player of the match after the game.
Morocco progressed to the round of 16 stage of the African Cup of Nations with the top spot in their group. They finished four points ahead of second-placed DR Congo.
The 2022 World Cup semi-finalists will now face South Africa on January 30 and should be favourites to make the last eight of the tournament. They could meet Cape Verde or Mauritania.
Meanwhile, Amrabat seems to have discovered his form and confidence playing for his country and United will be hoping that he can replicate the same performances at club level.
He seems unlikely to feature in the XI with the emergence of Kobbie Mainoo and injury comeback of Casemiro, but could have a role to play off the bench for the rest of the season.
United have an option to sign Amrabat permanently from Fiorentina this summer. The club are expected to turn down the clause, considering he has failed to meet the expectations.
Stats from WhoScored.com & Sofascore.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow