Arsenal defender William Saliba has heaped praise on Manchester United star Marcus Rashford ahead of the Premier League clash between the clubs on Sunday afternoon.
Rashford was in fantastic form for the Red Devils last season, registering 30 goals and 11 assists. He has yet to find the net this term, but provided an assist and won a penalty last weekend.
The England international will be aiming to score at the Emirates Stadium tomorrow and ahead of the game, Saliba has spoken fondly about the technical quality and pace of the £69 million-rated star.
Speaking on Sky Sports’ YouTube channel, Saliba said that Rashford is so good and is a tough player to play against. The Frenchman added that he is better on the left but also good as a striker.
He said: “Marcus Rashford is so, so good. So technical and so quick, he’s a tough player to play against. For me he’s better when he’s on the left. As a striker as well he’s good as he’s so fast and makes good runs.”
United secured a stunning 3-2 comeback win over Nottingham Forest from two goals down last weekend. Rashford played a huge part in the victory with a couple of goal contributions.
The club will be hoping to continue the momentum when they face the Gunners on the road. The fixture has been a difficult one for United with no wins at the Emirates since 2019.
In fact, they have not won a league game at the stadium since 2017 when David de Gea made a stunning 14 saves. Erik ten Hag will be aiming to end the dreadful run tomorrow.
Rashford played a part in four goals scored against the Gunners last season including the opener at the Emirates. He should be raring to face them in the afternoon kick-off.
With Rasmus Hojlund and Anthony Martial fit for selection, the 25-year-old could play in his preferred left-wing role where he is comfortable and offers a better goal threat.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action