Manchester United legend Gary Neville has said that he is slightly worried ahead of the club’s FA Cup semi-final against Brighton & Hove Albion this afternoon.
The Red Devils recently bowed out of the Europa League at the quarter-final stage following a 5-2 aggregate loss to Sevilla. They suffered a humiliating 3-0 defeat in the second leg.
United boss Erik ten Hag will want a strong response from his players at the Wembley Stadium today and ahead of the game, Neville has admitted that he is ‘slightly worried’.
Here is his tweet:
Brighton are currently one of the most exciting attacking teams in the country and they recently beat Chelsea by a 2-1 scoreline away from home.
The south Coast outfit could have easily won by a bigger margin and there are no surprises that Neville is not fully confident ahead of the FA Cup semi-final.
In our opinion, United need to start quickly off the blocks and must find an early goal to ease the nerves.
They failed to do so in the recent Andalusian trip but have the chance to make amends against Brighton, who are not used to big occasions at Wembley.
United got the better of Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup final with two first-half goals and hopefully, they can repeat the feat against the Seagulls.
Bruno Fernandes’ availability is a huge boost after his European ban. The Portuguese likes to face Brighton. He has four goals and two assists in six outings.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd handed big boost as Juventus lower price tag for Dusan Vlahovic
- Man Utd in pole position in Kim Min-jae race but PSG could explore deal for him
- ‘Above all’: Man Utd leading race to sign Rasmus Hojlund, need to make ‘big offer’
- Man Utd provide ‘strong competition’ in race to sign AZ Alkmaar forward Jesper Karlsson
- Man Utd boss ten Hag deems Victor Lindelof ‘untouchable’
- PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi playing significant role in Manchester United takeover bid
- Stats show why Kim Min-jae is the perfect signing for Man Utd over Axel Disasi
- Sheikh Jassim will not end interest in Manchester United if Friday deadline passes
- Manchester United finalising proposal to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd linked with Juventus star Federico Chiesa who could be sold for €30-35m