Pardon the overly extreme headline — and this will be a short one, I promise — but it’s things like these that rub bloggers or independent reporters the wrong way. You would expect the mainstream media to follow basic journalistic etiquette; if it’s a quote you attribute the source, or give credit where it’s due.
About four days ago we had published an exclusive Vidic interview on this site. Today you will have seen the same quotes plastered over The Sun and Skysports.com — I don’t want to link back to those articles but you can easily find them. [Thanks to Stephen Darwin for bringing it to my attention]. As far as I know right now, these are the two mainstream outlets that have published them. None of them credited us. I don’t want to go on a longer rant about doing the right thing, or cry out to them about wanting attention from the mainstream press, but I feel it right to call these people out on this act because I have seen plenty of bloggers face the kind of injustice the press seem to get away with.
Rant over. I will post something United related later in the day. Till then comment away.
- Man Utd really like Juventus star Gleison Bremer, will cost at least €70m
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe finally completes purchase of minority stake in Manchester United
- Man Utd star Casemiro open to Saudi Arabia move, interest remains valid
- Man Utd pressing to sign Gleison Bremer, strongly targeting summer deal
- Chelsea beat Manchester United to the signing of Sam Jewell
- Man United spending power to be limited this summer amid PSR concerns
- Wan-Bissaka out for two to four weeks with fresh injury but Mount close to availability
- Manchester United could rival Liverpool for Crystal Palace centre-back Marc Guehi if Dan Ashworth can be appointed in time
- Manchester United table offer for Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe
- Manchester United won’t pay £20m for Newcastle director Dan Ashworth