British billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s purchase of Manchester United has reportedly been delayed for a fortnight.
The INEOS owner was expected to seal the deal for a 25 percent stake in Man United after Sheikh Jassim withdrew his offer for the club last week.
According to the Telegraph ‘Ratcliffe’s deal is not expected to be decided by the club’s board on Thursday as final details are still being thrashed out’.
Ratcliffe’s £1.35 billion investment offer still stands, but some discussions must be concluded before signing off on the deal.
Man United fans made to wait
The Glazers announced their plan to sell the club in search of fresh investment last November.
It has been 11 months, but the process has yet to end.
A section of Man United supporters are angry with the American owners as Ratcliffe’s offer for a minority stake would prolong their stay.
They want to see the back of the Glazers, who have done little to make the club successful again since their leveraged buyout in 2005.
The first team’s quality is way below Manchester City, Liverpool or any other European giant. The stadium and training facilities need urgent redevelopment.
Many Red Devils supporters wanted Sheikh Jassim to win the takeover battle.
His offer was for the complete purchase of the club, which would have ensured that the Glazers don’t remain at Man United in any role.
The current United owners have shown over the last year that they are in no rush to sell the club.
They would prefer to settle every aspect of this deal before signing off, with Ratcliffe demanding complete control of the football side of the business.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action