Would-be Manchester United co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe is ready to back manager Erik ten Hag with a transfer war chest during the January transfer window, according to the Sun.
The Dutchman wants to refresh his attacking options and is willing to sell Antony, Anthony Martial and Jadon Sancho when the transfer market reopens.
Ten Hag wants to sign two players in January and is targeting a right full-back and a winger who can play on both wings, and Ratcliffe is keen to back the former Ajax boss.
The British billionaire is expected to take over the football operations of Man United this month having agreed a deal to buy 25% of the club from the Glazers.
Ratcliffe is ready to see instant changes on the pitch and will bring out the chequebook as Ten Hag looks to make major changes.
The midfielders and defenders have been shouldering the goalscoring responsibilities in the Premier League this term.
The attackers have scored just once in the league when Marcus Rashford opened the scoring in the 3-1 loss to Arsenal on Matchday 4.
Ten Hag knows Rasmus Hojlund will eventually start firing on all cylinders having already notched five goals in four Champions League games.
However, the Denmark international striker needs services from the wingers, and Man United will look to land a quality one capable of delivering excellent crosses.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka has been excellent defensively, but he has assisted just once in the Premier League over the last three seasons, and Ten Hag needs a creative right-back capable of creating chances at the other end.
He will be getting the funds to get his men, but he needs to make the right decisions this time around as his summer signings are yet to hit the ground running.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling