Sir Jim Ratcliffe is due at Old Trafford on Friday afternoon to receive a presentation of the potential sale process of Manchester United, according to BBC Sport.
The Glazer family are currently assessing their options on the table and they have yet to decide whether they would like to part ways with the club.
For now, Sir Jim and Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani are leading the race. Both are expected to meet with United officials this week over the sale process.
While representatives of Sheikh Jassim are set for a meeting tomorrow, it is now reported that Sir Jim will personally travel to Manchester on Friday afternoon.
The British billionaire is set to make the trip to the North-West after Nice’s Europa Conference League clash vs Sheriff Tiraspol.
It is said that Sir Jim is bidding for 69 per cent of the shareholding owned by the Glazers while Sheikh Jassim wants to own 100 per cent of the Red Devils.
United’s takeover could be delayed until the summer
It was initially anticipated that United’s takeover could happen by the end of March but the process has been slow with none of the buyers meeting the Glazers’ price tag.
The club’s owners are eyeing around £5 billion for a potential sale. So far, Sir Jim and Sheikh Jassim have yet to make an improved proposal to finalise an agreement.
The good news is that they have been selected for the second round of talks. Sir Jim is prepared to make an appearance but ultimately, the Glazers want the right offer.
Aside from the duo, US hedge fund Elliott Investment Management have also made it to the next phase of negotiations but they are not looking to buy the club outright.
The former AC Milan owners are prepared to provide assistance in debt management and are open to accepting part ownership thus allowing the Glazers to assume control.
- Man Utd planning fresh move for Atletico Madrid star Joao Felix
- Man Utd plan to track Andre Onana and Goncalo Ramos in upcoming Champions League tie
- Erik ten Hag provides a fresh injury update on Christian Eriksen
- Three emerging French midfielders Man Utd could sign this summer
- Manchester United to play nine games in ‘crazy’ April schedule
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract