Dong Fangzhou – A player who sacrificed two and a half years before he could get a work permit and play in England. Everyone knows that his signing is a stunt by United to capture the Chinese market. Many fans don’t want him to play for United. We understand that. Part of that is because no one have ever seen how he played for Royal Antwerp. The following video illustrates that he is decently athletic and has a decent shot. He should be loaned to some Premiership club or Championship club to see how he can really fare. Loaning out in England has helped with Foster, Evans, Bardsley and Simpson. He might be moulded into a decent striker who when returns to United can sit on the bench whenever required, play in the cups and otherwise help the reserves, only with more confidence.
Video after the jump
Ed: So what do you guys say? Should we loan Dong out for another season?
- ‘He did magnificent’: Erik ten Hag praises Rasmus Hojlund’s impact in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag must start Aaron Wan-Bissaka to stop Man United’s old nemesis Wilfried Zaha
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hojlund returns
- ‘If they are good enough, they are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Manchester United’s route to finishing in the top four
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause