Manchester United defender Marcos Rojo is on the shortlist of Sheffield United for the upcoming January transfer window, according to a report from The Sun.
Chris Wilder’s side has started their 2020-21 Premier League in the worst possible way, having lost five out of six games in England’s top-tier competition.
They have pocketed only one point and conceded nine goals in the process.
The Blades currently stand 19th on the league table.
One of the many reasons behind’s their horrible beginning to the season lies on the fact that they have lost several integral prodigies to injuries.
And one of them is Jack O’Connell, an ever presence individual behind Wider’s men success last season.
As reported by The Sun, Sheffield United will be looking to strike a half-a-season loan deal for the 30-year-old Manchester United outcast, Marcos Rojo, in the upcoming January transfer window.
Rojo’s exclusion from United’s 25-men squad for UEFA Champions League means that United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer doesn’t see the Argentine defender as a pivotal part of his plans for the ongoing 2020-21 season.
However, he was on the pitch for only 45 minutes for United’s U23s last weekend.
Despite Rojo, 30, being named as a member of Man United’s Premier League squad, it seems as if the Argentine would consider leaving Manchester United in the upcoming transfer window.
Keeping Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s pecking order in mind, the 30-year-old is behind the likes of the Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelof, Axel Tuanzebe, and Eric Bailly (currently injured).
At this moment, should he want to play professional football on regular basis, he would have to prefer moving away from Old Trafford.
- Van de Beek’s former agent blasts Man Utd over unfair treatment of the midfielder
- Manchester United team news: Erik ten Hag gives fitness updates on three key players
- Marcus Rashford wins Premier League Player of the Month for September
- Manchester United vs West Ham United – October 30 – New Kick-off Time
- Manchester City vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, Potential Line-ups & How to Watch
- David De Gea to hold talks with Erik ten Hag as his Man United future hangs in balance
- Pogba admits he fell short of expectations at Manchester United
- Rashford and Martial doubtful for Manchester derby after missing training
- Roberto Carlos names two current Man United players he would like to play with
- Three Manchester United winners from the international break