Dutch forward Cody Gakpo is reportedly very keen to join Manchester United from PSV Eindhoven this summer.
That’s according to a report from Foot Mercato who claim that United are determined to get a deal done for the 23-year-old, and are confident of securing his signature for around €40-50 million (£34-42.2m).
It will certainly be a less complicated, and far cheaper, deal to get done than signing Antony from Ajax. And it seems as though Erik ten Hag could now be ready to accelerate his interest in the PSV star.
Manchester United eyeing up Cody Gakpo swoop
French publication Foot Mercato reckon that United are ready to bid up to £42.2m to secure the signing of the PSV forward.
And what’s more, Gakpo is very keen to move to Old Trafford this summer according to FM.
We actually think that anything up to £42.2m for the Holland international would represent decent business for United.
He bagged a brilliant 21 goals and 14 assists in 47 games in all competitions for PSV last season. In the main, Gakpo is a right-footed left winger.
However, the seven-capped Holland international can play anywhere along the front line, and has pace and technical ability in abundance. He plays with a real sense of directness that United have desperately lacked recently.
The PSV star stands at 6ft 2in tall, so he should be more than capable of coping with the physicality of Premier League football.
We think that Gakpo would be a very smart signing indeed for United this summer. Ten Hag just needs to get this one done as a matter of urgency, in order to seamlessly integrate him into the team as soon as possible.
Stats via Transfermarkt.
- Pogba admits he fell short of expectations at Manchester United
- Rashford and Martial doubtful for Manchester derby after missing training
- Roberto Carlos names two current Man United players he would like to play with
- Three Manchester United winners from the international break
- ‘He makes my game easier’ – Bruno Fernandes full of praise for Eriksen
- Diogo Dalot hoping for a new Man United contract with Europe’s elite clubs eyeing up transfer
- Manchester United midfielder gives verdict on Ronaldo’s performance after Portugal’s 1-0 defeat
- Ben Foster advises Jude Bellingham to join Manchester United
- Manchester United: Shaw and Ferdinand back Maguire after England horror show
- Cody Gakpo’s form could reignite interest from Manchester United in January