Saudi Arabian clubs are expected to renew their interest in Manchester United outcast Jadon Sancho ahead of the January transfer window, The Telegraph reports.
The free-spending Middle East nation could offer the England international an escape route from Old Trafford following a torrid past few months.
Telegraph claims the Saudi Pro League is finalising plans for the next transfer window, and clubs are eyeing a fresh assault on the Premier League in the new year.
Sancho is among players that could jump on the money train in the Gulf nation after falling out with Man United manager Erik ten Hag – a situation reportedly considered irreparable.
The 23-year-old was subject to interest from Saudi clubs during the summer and could be offered another chance at a mega payday in the Middle East.
However, after rejecting their advances last summer, it remains to be seen if the England international will be open to the move in January, especially considering his present situation at the Theatre of Dreams.
Al-Ettifaq were among the clubs interested in Sancho and could be among clubs vying for his signature in January, given their struggles in the Saudi Pro League.
The Dammam club sit seventh in the Saudi Pro League after taking 22 points from 13 games and could do with a player of Sancho’s quality and dynamism in their squad.
Sancho has not featured in any of Man United’s matchday squad since August and is considered expendable by the Red Devils following his fallout with Ten Hag.
He was exiled after refusing to apologise for a controversial social media post where he accused his manager of falsely criticising his training performances and lying about his absence from the defeat at Arsenal.
Sancho has only managed three Premier League appearances this season and has also been axed from Man United’s WhatsApp group, signalling the end of his ill-fated spell at Old Trafford.
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin