Today let’s take a small little break away from the Arsenal game. I know a lot of you ranters on the comment threads are itching for a preview post, and of course the big game in the weekend. But I’ll just do my part in prolonging your agony for a day, if I could.
So let’s take a breather from the Arsenal frenzy for just a while, shall we?
Okay, I understand that is not going to be very easy. The reason is that most of the news that’s been circulating these days apart from Neville’s return to reserve level football has been unimaginative, to say the least.
There was this piece on Rio being out with a groin strain, which sounded a little odd to me, because Rio seemed fine in all the matches he’s played. Anyway he’s cleared up the air calling all this speculation a load of bollocks, because that’s what it was; an absolute load of bollocks.
Meanwhile the Manchester Evening News reckons that Carrick would be likely to face Arsenal. A fit Carrick with match practice would tempt SAF towards the conservative approach rather than going for the youthful exuberance of Anderson. We’ll have to wait and see for that.
And we have those rumours linking United to Veloso despite the club having denied such reports.
And that’s about the news for the day, watch this space for updates during the day.
Meanwhile, Ahmed over at Soccerlens wanted to let you people know that Steve Amoia has interviewed an ex-Arsenal player and published it over there. It’s a good read. So go ahead and check it out.
- Where do Manchester United Under 18s stand in the league table after their latest game?
- Loan Watch: Debuts for Bernard and McNeill, Mejbri bags assist
- Man Utd without six players for Leeds clash after triple injury blow
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest
- Could Kobbie Mainoo make his league debut for Manchester United in the absence of star midfielders?