Wayne Rooney has described Louis Van Gaal as “incredible” and has insisted Manchester United will get it right soon as they aim to bounce back from a shaky start to the season.
United have won only twice of their opening six Premier League games, losing at home against Swansea on the opening weekend of the season and relinquishing a 3-1 lead at Leicester last week, but Rooney, who was sent off against West Ham on Saturday, said that Van Gaal has generated a feel good factor in the dressing room and the players are right behind him.
“He’s incredible, how he sees the game and how he goes into so much detail. How we makes you feel when you’re playing. He puts so much confidence into you but if you’re not playing well he lets you know too,” Rooney told the Sunday Times.
“Every training session is recorded and when we watch them back it’s incredible what you can learn.
“We haven’t had the start we wanted but we’re not a million miles away. There’s been panic from everyone except us. When I look at the players in the dressing room and the manager’s experience I’ve no doubts whatsoever that he will be successful here.
“He’s a very clear communicator and he’s been like that with me, with the rest of the team, since day one and I don’t think that will change.”
- Man Utd have their eyes on Dusan Vlahovic, Juventus open to selling him
- Man Utd interested in signing Andre Onana, Inter could sell him for €40-50m
- Erik ten Hag could unleash Alejandro Garnacho vs Man City after Antony Martial injury blow
- Man Utd’s next striker: Three stars on the radar
- FA Cup final preview: Manchester City vs Manchester United – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Major blow for Manchester United with Anthony Martial set to miss FA Cup final against Man City
- Man Utd decide against permanent deals for Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer
- ‘World-class’ Bruno Fernandes should get captaincy next season without question
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United