Cristiano Ronaldo is refusing to confirm or deny reports that he’s agreed an extension to his Real Madrid contract thus fuelling rumours he could be on his way out of the club.
Reports surfaced last week that David Moyes and Manchester United were exploring the possibility of Ronaldo making a block-buster return to Old Trafford for a fee in the region of £80m once they became aware Gareth Bale was a serious and viable target for Real Madrid in a record triple-figure deal.
With two years remaining on his current contract, the time to sell Ronaldo, if of course Madrid were ever stupid enough to, would be now.
Here’s a question for the many (if not all) United fans who believe United need to strengthen their midfield as a priority:
IF Ronaldo was the ONLY United signing of the summer, would you be satisfied and would our squad be strong enough to not only defend our title, but have a serious crack at the Champions League?
- Victor Osimhen’s agent has received calls from Man Utd but Napoli firm on price tag
- Manchester United in talks to sign Atalanta’s Rasmus Hojlund and Eintracht Frankfurt’s Randal Kolo Muani
- Ajax and Edson Alvarez are Man Utd’s best bet for moving on Donny van de Beek
- Man Utd identify Moussa Diaby as Anthony Martial’s heir – Report
- Manchester United: Rangers in advanced talks to sign Jack Butland on free transfer
- How Man Utd Could Line Up For the 2023/24 Premier League Season
- Man Utd ready to hand £10m pay-off to Harry Maguire ahead of possible West Ham move
- Man Utd interested in signing Dusan Vlahovic as Juventus set asking price
- Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount agrees terms with Man Utd ahead of likely transfer
- Anthony Elanga price drop shows Man Utd’s desperation to shift unwanted players