All summer, Manchester United’s transfer activity has been long, drawn out and a hive of speculation but, overnight, from nowhere, initial rumours of their interest in Monaco’s Radamel Falcao has rapidly evolved into reports he’s all-but a done deal.
According to Colombia-based journalist for DirecTV Sports, Saris Bello, Manchester United will bring the Colombian international to Old Trafford for four seasons with a fee of €65 million
“Falcao to Manchester United for €65 million euros, for 4 seasons. City can’t sign him due to Financial Fair Play.
“In the coming hours, Falcao will officially join Manchester United, after the deal is finalised he’ll travel tomorrow [to Manchester] and later undergo his medical.”
Who would’ve thought a few years ago that this is what would become of Manchester United on transfer deadline day. Getting our business done early and letting others embroil themselves in the madness of September 1st seems a dim and distant memory, I know this summer (like previously ignored summers) there is a desperate need for an overhaul, but I sincerely hope this isn’t a sign of how United plan to operate in the coming years.
It’s going to be a long, mad, but possibly landmark day.
- Manchester United: Christian Eriksen’s masterclass helps Denmark beat France 2-0
- Manchester United news: Nemanja Matic fires back at Roy Keane and defends Harry Maguire
- Manchester United stars shine as Portugal stun Czech Republic 4-0 in the Nations League
- Manchester United star will miss Ukraine clash after picking up second booking in Scotland’s Nations League win
- Manchester United star defends his place in England team after Nations League defeat to Italy
- Ronald Koeman believes Manchester United need to give Ten Hag time to guide them to success
- Manchester United football director makes youth player promise
- Eriksen shines but will he stay fit through Man United’s busy October?
- Gakpo has been on a great run of form – have Man United missed out?
- Christian Eriksen named Manchester United’s Player of the Month for September