Manchester United striker Rasmus Hojlund has scored more Premier League goals (five) than any other player since Christmas Day.
The Denmark international has scored six goals and claimed two assists in his last seven appearances across all competitions, including the opener in the 2-1 victory over Aston Villa on Sunday.
Hojlund had drawn blanks in his first 14 Premier League appearances for Man United, with his five goals for the club coming in the Champions League.
However, the 21-year-old has finally found his goalscoring boots, and some of the credit goes to former Red Devils striker Robin van Persie.
He had his biggest miss of the season against Luton Town in November, going for power rather than placement as the ball hit goalkeeper Thomas Kaminski.
The Dane produced a brilliant finish from a similar range to score against Villa, calmly side-footing Harry Maguire’s knockdown between Emiliano Martinez’s legs.
While Hojlund is now finally starting to settle down at his new club following his big-money move in the summer, he has also benefited from the advice of Van Persie.
According to The Athletic, the former Netherlands had a long conversation with Hojlund at the Carrington training base during a break from training last week.
The Man United hero was taking a course at his old club as part of his UEFA Pro Licence, and he used the opportunity to give the youngster much-needed striking advice.
The Red Devils have a brilliant strikers’ coach in Benni McCarthy, and while they are unlikely to recruit an additional one, the flying Dutchman has plenty to offer given his expertise as one of the best strikers in the history of the Premier League.
Hojlund is likely to keep in touch with the former hitman going forward, and the relationship could bring out the best in the Denmark international given his huge potential.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts
- ‘He’s unstoppable’: Erik ten Hag defends Man Utd winger Antony